Getresponse vs Aweber
What is aweber autoresponder, how does it work and is aweber the best autoresponder available. These are all good questions and I am going to answer them for you in this article.
You know the old saying the money is in the list. If you’re researching autoresponers you might be in the process of putting together your list building and email marketing champagne, or at least thinking about it. This is something that all of us as Affiliate Marketers should be doing as early on in our business as possible. But it’s something that most of us put on the back burner.
Here’s A Few Tips To Get You Started!
Choosing the best autoresponder is a matter of preference so making the claim that one is the best is only one persons opinion. Someone else might think that another one is the best and the one that your claiming to be best might be on the bottom of their list. what I’m going to do is take what I consider to be the top 2 autoresponders and compare features so you can make an intelligent educated choice.
What’s So Good About Aweber
- Aweber is very user friendly and easy to set up. There are about 600 premade templates to choose from.
- When setting up your email series Aweber lets you know if the email you have created is likely to be marked as spam and where to make the necessary changes before sending it out.
- Aweber also has great tracking capabilities. You can track the day and the time your subscribers signed up, what country they are located in and what page they signed up from on your website. You will be able to tell which emails have been opened and which ones haven’t. You will also be able to tell when they were open and which links the subscriber clicked on after opening it. This is all viable information that gives you the ability to know whether or not your campaigns are working and where and when to make any needed changes.
- New improvement “Free 30 Day Trial”
Customer support gets an A+ because of the live phone support and live chat that they offer. Most of the other autoresponders available use email support only. Email support is fine as log as you never have an emergency situation that needs to be fixed right away.
There is usually a 24 hr turn around with any email support so once you reach the point of running live campaign’s with thousands of subscribers it’s nice to know if something goes wrong and your campaign’s aren’t working for some reason, you can pick up the phone and get a live person on the other end to help you get back on track.
What’s Not So Good About Aweber
- Price is a bit higher then others
- There have been complaints about open rates
Up until resently Aweber was charging $1.00 for the first month and then going to the regular price of $19.00 per month for the basic entry level subscription. As far as I’m concerned this is like paying a car dealership $1.00 to test drive a car that you’re considering purchasing. I am a big advocate of free trials and I don’t like presenting anything to my readers that doesn’t have a free trial to take it for a test drive. I believe if a product or service has all of the value it claims to have, the free trial will work in its favor.
This is one of the things that attracted me to Wealthy Affiliate Online Training. I,m glad to see that Aweber has finally come to their senses.
What’s So Good About Getresponse
- Getresponse is also a very user friendly service. Getresponse doesn’t have quite as many templates to choose from, but with about 500 premade templates there are more then enough to fuel any growing business.
- Getresponse has a great open rate – watch the short video below
- Getresponse also has a great tracking system in place that will deliver all of your necessary stats like the percentage of your subscribers that are opening your emails, which links are being clicked and who is unsubscribing from your list.
- Free 30 Day Trial!
- Support is also very good with Getresponse as they too have live phone support and live chat. These are very attractive features and tends to separate the real good services from the average to unreliable ones.
What’s Not So Good About Getresponse
- No limited free plan after the 30 day trial
- Email customization is limited
- No phone support on weekends
As you can see, these two run neck and neck and both have everything you’ll need in an autoresponder. Both are great for getting started with a 30 day free trial, and both are real good for long term marketing. If you are really O-C-D with your research? You know what to do. Use the 30 day free trial on both of them and choose the one you like best. I really don’t see anything wrong with it and may the better man win. That’s what free trials are for.
There are other autoresponders like Mailchimp and some other big names but I think these two are the two best autoresponders available. I personally use Aweber and have been very satisfied with it for 2 years. Like I said in the beginning of this article, it all boils down to a matter of opinion and your own personal preference. what feels right for you is what really matters.
If you have had any experience with either one please leave your input below so other readers can get a well rounded opinion.
To Your Success!