What is Amazon Affiliate
The most popular question from my Amazon Affiliate Program FAQ list is does amazon affiliate program work, or can you make money selling amazon, and the answer is inevitably yes. The Amazon Affiliate program is probably the most popular affiliate program on the planet. The very reason that Amazon is so big and so well known is because there are so many people that belong the their affiliate program that make money selling amazon products.
Amazon Affiliate Program Pros & Cons
That being said there are definitely draw backs to becoming an Amazon Affiliate. There are many different kinds of affiliate programs and what I mean by this is the person who owns the product or service that you want to sell can set their own rules and percentage rates of what they are willing to pay their affiliates. Percentage rates can vary from the low single digits of 3 or 4% to the high double digits of as much as 75% on sales from someone you have sent to their website.
What is The Amazon Affiliate Commissions %
- Unfortunately Amazon falls in the low range of between 4% and 8.5%. Becoming a successful affiliate marketer is not necessarily bases on selling products that pay a high percentage on sales though. You can do just as good and many times better selling products for a company with a reputable name like Amazon.
- Amazon also has rules that you are going to have to abide by in their operating agreement when you are promoting their products. Some other affiliate programs may turn their heads when it comes to using shady technics to sell their products as long as you’re making sales. Amazon has a reputation to protect and will not tolerate unethical sales technics.
How Long Do Amazon Affiliate Cookie Last
- Another big draw back with Amazon is they only give a 24hr window with their cookies on sales commissions. Anyone you send to their site has to make a purchase within 24 hrs or you don’t receive a commission. Many affiliate programs will pay you a commission on the sale even if the person you referred leaves and returns a month or two later to make a purchase.
- However there is a fix for this and you can read my review on how it’s done with the EasyAzon 4.0 plugin. By installing the EasyAzon 4.0 plugin (be aware that the link doesn’t load quickly) and activating the add to cart feature you can extend the cookie life to 90 days. This means if your referral leaves and returns any time within the 90 days to make the purchase you will receive your commission.
Because of these draw backs Amazon is grossly under rated by many bloggers that decide to move on to the bigger dollar signs from large percentages. It’s true that large percentage pay outs and recurring commissions are much more attractive but the truth is you can have both and Amazon should be on your list of options if you’re looking to make money with your website.
Now that we’ve gotten some of the draw backs out of the way I’m going to list some reasons below why you should be using Amazon and how it can actually become your top source of income.
Amazon’s Affiliate Cookie
- Although Amazon’s Affiliate Cookie is only good for 24 hours the benefit of their cookie is that it’s site wide. What I mean by this is if someone clicks through an Amazon add on your site to check out a book that you’re promoting for $5.00 and does a little bit of investigating on another product like a food blender for $500.00, if they purchase the food blender you will receive your commission from the purchase. This would also apply if they spent some time on the site shopping and purchased 3 or 4 different items, or returned to the site within 24 hours and purchased something else.
Amazon Inventory System
- Amazon probably has the largest inventory of reputable products on the planet. This means what ever niche you’re in there will be something for you to sell from Amazon’s Affiliate program. This also means you can be very selective in what products you recommend and only have to recommend products you believe in or have personally tried yourself. One of the best ways of selling through Affiliate marketing today is by writing reviews on products and pointing your readers to the sales page through an affiliate link in your review.
Amazon Conversion Rates
- One of the greatest things about being an Amazon Affiliate is that all you have to do is get your reader to click the link and Amazon will do the rest. When it comes to converting customers Amazon are the masters of conversion. They have fine tuned their system to including their own review section on their products along with images of products from all angles and compared pricing. If you’re providing good information and are trusted by your readers, your conversion rate will be even higher.
Can You Trust Amazon
- Amazon is one of the most trusted names on the internet. There are people all over the world that shop Amazon regularly. Tens of thousands of Amazon customers have already set up an account with them and have a credit card stored on file for speedy checkouts. These people won’t give it a second thought when making a purchase.
Is Amazon Dependable
- After signing up and providing Amazon with your details of how you would like to be paid, you can expect to start receiving payments after reaching the established $100.00 threshold. The three options of payment method are by check, direct deposit or gift card. There is also a 2 month waiting period for your first payment after you reach the $100.00 in sales threshold.
[easyazon_image align=”right” cloak=”y” height=”160″ identifier=”B00M8UQ7IE” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51glzxTYgBL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”letowofrho06-20″ width=”100″]My Final Thoughts
I would highly recommend Amazon as a great source of income for anyone that has established affiliate websites or anyone that’s thinking about getting involved with affiliate marketing. Of-course people are not going to flock to your website just because you sell Amazon products. You are going to have to learn how to build a website and generate traffic to that website.
If you’re new at affiliate marketing our considering getting your feet wet at it, my number one recommendation for training is Wealthy Affiliate. Wealthy Affiliate has the best training and support you’re going to find anywhere and it’s free to get started. They will provide you with two free websites, free hosting for websites and free training and support to get your websites generating an income from affiliate marketing. This Ones A Winner!
[easyazon_image align=”right” cloak=”y” height=”160″ identifier=”B00I1MS5A6″ locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” src=”https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WvwuXmzyL._SL160_.jpg” tag=”letowofrho06-20″ width=”100″]You can also pick up a great book that I highly recommend on how to make money with Amazon Affiliate Marketing. And yes I do get paid a small commission if you buy it.
I truly wish you the best and if you decide to join the Wealthy Affiliate Training Program I will be there to greet you on the inside after you sign up for their free membership. This is the training I use and I can vouch for the integrity and quality of training and support they provide.
Please feel free to leave your comments and questions in the comment section below. I answer all questions.
To Your Success!